11.17.2008

Culture Corner: Obama's Victory Song!

Barack Obama has composed a song to celebrate his election, well, he didn't compose it exactly, he just rewrote the song "C'est moi" from Camelot. Enjoy his humility....

Obamalot! Obamalot!
With policies from France I heard your call.
Obamalot! Obamalot!
And here am I to tax you all.
I know that you expect miracles from me,
And all that and more I shall be.

A President should be convincible,
Believing dictators & their tales.
Convince thugs to not do crime,
Cleave the defence budget in record time,
Fill a moat with tons of my heavy fan mail.
Avoiding all pain, he ought to be unwinceable,
Impossible deeds should be his daily fare.
But where in the world
Is there in the world
A man so *extraordinaire*?

C'est moi! C'est moi, I'm forced to admit.
'Tis I, I humbly reply.
That mortal who
These marvels can do,
C'est moi, c'est moi, 'tis I.
I've never lost
In battle or campaign;
I'm simply the best by far.
When words are crossed
'Tis always the same:
One smile and au revoir!
C'est moi! C'est moi! So adm'rably fit!
An Urban Prometheus unbound.
And here I stand, with my history untold,
Looking charming, amazingly bold,
To beat McCain in the first round!

The soul of a prez should be a thing remarkable,
Containing hope, change, and lobbyists too.
With no will or any self-restraint
To make Bill Clinton look like a saint
He could easily work a miracle or two.
To greed and avarice he ought to be unsparkable,
The ways of the Rezko should offer no allure.
But where in the world
Is there in the world
A man so untouched and pure?
(C'est moi!)

C'est moi! C'est moi, I blush to disclose.
I'm far too noble to lie.
That man in whom
These qualities bloom,
C'est moi, c'est moi, 'tis I.
I've never stayed
With what I claim to believe;
I'm blessed with a rubbery will.
Had I been made
The partner of Eve,
We'd be in Eden still.
C'est moi! C'est moi! The voters have chose
To send the economy low,
And here I stand, as pure as a pray'r,
Surprisingly clean, with no virtue to spare,
The godliest man you know!
C'est moi!

No comments: