4.15.2008

TekTak's Culture Corner: Obama Sings Mellencamp!

I just found Barack Obama's new campaign song, it's designed to appeal to small town voters and goes to the tune of John Mellencamp's "Small Town."
Well I hate folks in a small town
And I live in a big town
Wouldn't be caught dead in a small town
Oh, those bitter racist communities

I have no friends in a small town
They're inbred hicks in a small town
They're so dumb in a small town
But I still want them to vote for me

No education in a small town
Cling to guns & Jesus in a small town
They smell funny in those small towns
And aren't nearly as smooth as me

But I don't care for a small town
All inbred hicks in a small town
Married a Princeton doll and avoided small towns
And she's an elitist just like me

No I cannot forget where it is that I come from
I cannot forget the prep-school who taught me
Yeah, I can look down on folks in this small town
And Democrats will still vote for me

Got nothing to offer a small town
Still elitist enough to say
Look at the dummies in the small town
But my bed is in a large house
Oh, and thats good enough for me

Well I got elected in a big town
But I'd have to work for a living in a small town
Gonna spit on this small town
And Democrats will still vote for me

2 comments:

cmblake6 said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot a key line...

Learned elitism from Harvardtown

But hey what do I know, I'm a typical white person. I'm too busy worrying about who is taking my job or which minority I can blame for my problems to be concerned with parody songs.

On a side note I read you every post in my reader. Keep up the great work :)