4.29.2009

SPECTER DEFECTOR

A SPECIAL
MOMENT OF TRUTH
COMMENTARY
BY
SENATOR
ARLEN
SPECTER

(R D-PENN)

Hi, everybody.

I'm sure you're all wondering exactly why I defected from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party, and why I didn't do it 20 years ago.

Well the answer is simple.

I'm trying to save my own ass.

I've been so wishy washy that I was set to get my ass tossed out in the party, and since I don't trust primary voters exercising their democratic rights, I jumped ship like the rat that I am.

Plus, I can see which way the wind is blowing. James Carville's bragging about the Dems ruling the country for the next 40 years, and he's right. Because when you combine handing over control over the census, and hence voter rolls, to minions of ACORN, with criminalizing political differences with special prosecutors, so-called "truth commissions," and Napolitano's upcoming veteran hunts, there won't be any Republicans allowed to run for congress in 2010, let alone President in 2012.

I'm 79 years old, I'm too old to have to find a real job, so I switched sides.

It's not like the voters will turn against me, those chowderheads just look for whatever name on the ballot sounds the most familiar, and check that box. Why do you think John Murtha's still in congress?

Anyway, this defection's been a long-time coming, because there isn't a better home for spineless opportunists like me, than in the Democratic Party.

Now can you let me out of this tube?

No comments: